- It's easier and less expensive to maintain your wellbeing than it is to regain it
- For most of you, that means keeping your regularly scheduled visits of 1-2 times per month
- One acute flare-up (additional visits, exams, X-rays) can cost you as much as regularly scheduled care for the entire year
- Take advantage of any benefits provided to you which include reimbursement for exercise related activities
- Staying active is essential to staying healthy.
Many of you approach the New Year as a time to assess what's going well and what has fallen to the wayside. Some like to incorporate change incrementally - little modifications at a time, such as swapping out dessert for fruit or parking far from work so a longer walk is required. Some embrace change in larger gulps - cold turkey lifestyle changes like dropping alcohol completely, or going to the gym every day. Whatever your style for facing a New Year's Resolution here are some principles that might motivate you to maintain your spinal health.
Dr. Michael Downey
Chiropractic practitioner with over 27 years of experience.